SodaStream is one of the most popular home soda makers on the market, and for a good reason. It saves the planet, saves you money, and is super simple to use. If you want to learn how to set up your SodaStream Fizzi/Spirit in less than a minute, then read on!
In order to set up your SodaStream, prepare the CO2 cylinder and the Spirit/Fizzi itself.
How to set up your new Spirit/Fizzi sparkling water maker
- Carefully remove the back cover of your Spirit by pressing on top of it and pulling it away from the body of your soda maker.
- Remove the seal from the CO2 cylinder and unscrew the cap.
- With the cylinder ready to be installed, first, insert the bottom of the cylinder to the body of the soda maker, then slightly tip forward the soda maker and fit the top metal valve of the cylinder with the plastic valve of the soda maker.
- In a counter-clockwise direction, carefully screw in the CO2 cylinder to the top plastic valve of the machine until firmly in place. When tightening up, do not apply excessive force.
- To put the back cover on, fit the tab at the bottom of the back cover into the slot in the base of your soda maker and push it towards the body of your Spirit /Fizzi until it snaps into place.
Now you’re set up and ready to make soda!
How to use your new Spirit/Fizzi soda maker
- Fill your SodaStream bottle with cold water up to the fill line.
- Pull the plastic handle towards you until it clicks.
- Insert the bottle up and push it back so it stays locked vertically, ready for carbonating.
- To start carbonating, push the button firmly for 1-2 seconds. Repeat 3-6 times, depending on your desired level of carbonation.
- Hold the bottle and pull it back towards you to unlock it from the holder of the soda maker. Your soda is ready!
Did you know that SodaStream bottles expire?
SodaStream bottles have special properties, like their expiration date. If you want to find out why they expire, check out our other post, where we have answered the most common questions about SodaStream bottles.